After integrating into the team and getting acquainted with our image sensor technology, you will take on the responsibility of developing the validation systems for new sensor designs. This starts with the architecture design of the system, based on the sensor datasheet and validation campaign requirements. The architecture is partitioned into requirements for the PCB, FPGA firmware and Python-based validation software.
Having the end responsibility for the delivered validation system, you will drive and follow up the system engineers that work on the implementation of the various system components once the architecture is defined. Finally, you will provide first line support to the users of the validation system, either indirectly via the system user manual or directly by collaboration in the lab.
Next to the project-related validation system design, you will also collaborate on the development of next generation system platforms for validation, qualification and manufacturing testing. You also contribute to the refinement of the design methodology of the various system components.
You will interact intensively with the system engineers that implement the validation system design. For the architecture definition, you will collaborate closely with the IC design team, validation team and fellow system architects.
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Has practical experience in defining and implementing complete systems, including PCB design, FPGA firmware design and Python-based software design.
- Can manage the balance between the technical, budgetary and scheduling requirements in a development that includes various engineers and multiple stakeholders.
- Can generate clear and concise documentation and is able to bring across technical concepts to fellow engineers.
- Combines an organized and methodical working philosophy with a sense for creativity and innovation.
- Can integrate and work easily in a small and dynamic team.
- Communicates fluently in English with fellow engineers and colleagues outside of the system development team, on- and off-site, but also with customers and partners.
Relevant experience in the field of image sensors or imaging is considered a major advantage, but not a mandatory requirement for this position. This function involves occasional travel to Asia.