In this function, you will work in the validation team which consists of hardware, software and validation engineers. You will collaborate closely with a strong design team that has vast experience in image sensor IC design. Our design team works on various off-the-shelf and custom high-end CMOS image sensor projects, always on the forefront of image sensor technology.
After integrating in the team and getting acquainted with our image sensor technology, you will take on the responsibility of developing the validation systems for new sensor designs. This starts with the architecture design of the system, based on the sensor datasheet and validation campaign requirements. The architecture is partitioned into requirements for the PCB, FPGA design and Python-based validation software. Having the end responsibility for the delivered validation system, you will drive and follow up the system engineers that work on the implementation of the various system components once the architecture is defined. Finally, you will provide first line support to the users of the validation system, either indirectly via the system user manual or directly by collaboration in the lab.
Next to the project-related validation system design, you will also collaborate on the development of next generation system platforms for validation, qualification and manufacturing testing. You also contribute to the refinement of the design methodology of the various system components.
You will also interface with other Gpixel’s departments to discuss input, output and progress of the validation work preparation. You will provide first-line support to your fellow engineers and help with debugging in the lab when needed.
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Has experience with embedded product design, both hardware and software. This includes defining, implementing and debugging complete systems (HW and SW).
- Has good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Has experience (or affinity) in PCB architecture and design, FPGA design (VHDL and/or Verilog using Xilinx Vivado tools) and Python-based software design.
- Has a deep understanding of electrical engineering principles in analog and digital domains. Electronic design experience with SoC and FPGA devices and peripherals (DDR, USB3 interface, etc.)
- Can manage the balance between the technical, budgetary and scheduling requirements of a development process that includes various engineers and multiple stakeholders.
- Can generate clear and concise documentation and is able to bring across technical concepts to fellow engineers.
- Combines an organized and methodical working philosophy with a sense for creativity and innovation.
- Can integrate and work easily in a small and dynamic team.
Relevant experience in the field of image sensors or imaging is considered a major advantage, but not a mandatory requirement for this position. This function involves occasional travel to Asia.
Benefits of joining Gpixel Belgium
- A unique career opportunity in a dynamic atmosphere of an ambitious and fast-growing international company.
- The great flexibility of a compact local team with an open and flat structure, supported by a modern and professional organization.
- An attractive remuneration package with a number of extra-legal benefits.