In this function, you will work in the validation team which consists of hardware, software and validation engineers. You will collaborate closely with a strong design team that has vast experience in image sensor IC design. Our design team works on various off-the-shelf and custom high-end CMOS image sensor projects, always on the forefront of image sensor technology.
After integrating in the team and getting acquainted with our image sensor technology, you will take on the responsibility of validating our image sensor ICs when first prototype devices become available. Validation includes sensor bring-up, functional validation of sensor features, optimizing the sensor performance in the lab and verifying that the design meets its performance requirements.
Before the validation of a sensor starts, you will define the requirements for the validation system, and create the validation plan based on sensor datasheet and specifications. When the work is done you report on the outcome in a clear and concise way. During the validation work, you analyze the measurement data and discuss observed sensor behavior with the IC design engineers. You are responsible for the creation of the measurement scripts to automate the validation and for the setup and maintenance of a well-equipped validation lab.
All validation work is done in close collaboration with the IC design engineers that have designed the sensor. You will also interface with other Gpixel’s departments to discuss input, output and progress of the validation work.
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Has practical experience in defining and executing validation campaigns on mixed-signal ICs in a professional and structured way.
- Has good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Has practical experience and very good understanding of electronics and lab equipment usage.
- Has practical experience in using and debugging hardware and software.
- Can comfortably use Python to create well-structured and reusable measurement and data analysis scripts.
- Can distill results from a large amount of data in an analytical way to create clear and concise reporting.
- Combines an organized and methodical working philosophy with a sense for creativity and innovation.
- Can integrate and work easily in a small and dynamic team.
- Fluently communicates in English with fellow engineers and colleagues outside of the image sensor development team, on- and off-site, but also with customers and partners.
Benefits of joining Gpixel Belgium
- A unique career opportunity in a dynamic atmosphere of an ambitious and fast-growing international company.
- The great flexibility of a compact local team with an open and flat structure, supported by a modern and professional organization.
- An attractive remuneration package with a number of extra-legal benefits.