After integrating into the team and getting acquainted with our image sensor technology, you will take on the responsibility of validating our image sensor ICs when first prototype devices become available. Validation includes sensor bring-up, functional validation of sensor features, optimizing the sensor performance in the lab and verifying that the design meets its performance requirements.
Before the validation of a sensor starts, you create the validation plan based on sensor datasheet and specifications, and when the work is done you report on the outcome in a clear and concise way. During the validation work, you analyze the measurement data and discuss observed sensor behavior with the IC design engineers. You are responsible for the creation of the measurement scripts to automate the validation and for the setup and maintenance of a well-equipped validation lab.
All validation work is done in close collaboration with the IC design engineers that have designed the sensor. You will also interface with the marketing, system design and manufacturing teams to discuss input, output and progress of the validation work.
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Has practical experience in defining and executing validation campaigns on mixed-signal ICs in a professional and structured way.
- Can comfortably use Python to create well-structured and reusable measurement and data analysis scripts.
- Can distill results from a large amount of data in an analytical way to create clear and concise reporting.
- Combines an organized and methodical working philosophy with a sense for creativity and innovation.
- Can integrate and work easily in a small and dynamic team.
- Communicates fluently in English with fellow engineers and colleagues outside of the image sensor development team, on- and off-site, but also with customers and partners.
Relevant experience in the field of image sensors or imaging is considered a major advantage, but not a mandatory requirement for this position. This function involves occasional travel to Asia.