After integrating in the team and getting acquainted with our image sensor technology and validation flow, you will take up the responsibility to co-develop a Python-based software environment for measurement automation and data analysis in our validation lab, under the lead of an experienced developer. You will interact with the various stakeholders to define the requirements for the environment and will have various responsibilities in the full development process of the software, including design, implementation, unit testing, integration testing, release management, etc. Over time, you will continue to be responsible for the improvement and expansion of the environment, based on stakeholder needs and feedback.
Next to the general platform development, you will also take up various project-specific development tasks to implement software wrappers to control various devices under test and lab equipment, all within the Python-based platform environment you have co-developed.
In this role, you work very closely together with validation engineers and validation system architects, making it a very tangible software development role. You will provide first-line support to your fellow engineers and help with debugging in the lab when needed.
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Has practical experience with the professional Python ecosystem and development flow, preferably geared towards automation and data analysis.
- Can manage the balance between the technical and scheduling requirements of a development process that includes various engineers and multiple stakeholders.
- Can generate clear and concise documentation for fellow developers and user manuals for technically schooled end users.
- Combines an organized and methodical working philosophy with a sense for creativity and innovation.
- Can integrate and work easily in a small and dynamic team.
- Fluently communicates in English with fellow engineers and colleagues outside of the system development team, on- and off-site, but also with customers and partners.
Relevant experience in the field of image sensors or imaging is considered a major advantage, but not a mandatory requirement for this position. This function involves occasional travel to Asia.