After integrating into the team and getting acquainted with our existing design flow, your prime responsibility will be the setup, structuring and maintenance of the design environment in support of the IC design team. This includes CAD management, spanning (Cadence) EDA tools and foundry PDKs, the management of tool license usage and Linux system administration.
The maintenance of the design environment shall include checking, versioning and deployment of EDA tool and PDK updates, ensuring backward and forward compatibility of new releases with existing and future design projects. The Linux system administration concerns user management, scripting, design data management, etc.
You will be the first point of contact for local support related to the design environment. You will also align the local design environment setup in the Antwerp office with the CAD engineers in the other sites of the Gpixel group.
Because this CAD management role in itself is not a full-time task, you will combine it with other tasks, preferably in the IC design team. This could be IC layout tasks, physical verification tasks, etc. The exact content of these additional tasks can be discussed and will depend on your previous experience.
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Has relevant experience as CAD engineer in a mixed-signal IC design environment, indirectly as IC design engineer or directly as CAD engineer.
- Has extensive knowledge of the Cadence IC design environment and SKILL scripting.
- Has extensive knowledge of Linux system administration and scripting.
- Has a very organized and methodical working philosophy.
- Can integrate and work easily in a small and dynamic team.
- Fluently communicates in English with fellow engineers and colleagues outside of the image sensor development team, on- and off-site, but also with customers and partners.
Relevant experience in image sensor design is considered a major advantage, but not a mandatory requirement for this position. This function involves occasional travel to Asia.